iamshelfless

i am shelfless

Hi, lovely readers! The blog, "I am Shelfless" was made by a passionate reader who is perennially shelf-less ever since she became in love with stories through books.

Review: Passion Bites by Mary Hughes

Passion Bites by Mary Hughes

Book #9 of the Biting Love series

Paranormal Romance, 290 pages

Published December 8th 2015 by Samhain Publishing

Add to Goodreads

Purchase on AmazonBarnes & NobleiTunesKoboAll Romance

Dr. Alexis Byornsson has her hands full in the ER when her patient's uncle blows into the exam room. Stitching up a five-year-old's cut is hard enough without a blond god distracting her all to hell.

To say she's furious is putting it mildly not that anyone would notice. Not with the legendary control that's earned her the nickname Dr. Frozen .

Luke Steel never knew a woman chastising him could be so sexy. But for the first time in three hundred years, passion stirs in his gut along with panic. Since his wife was taken before his eyes in a brutal attack, he's sworn he'd never feel that powerless again.

Almost before either Luke or Alexis realize what s happening, they're sharing a blazing kiss that shatters her logical armor and unleashes his wholly unwanted mating instinct. And spurs a closer-than-skin enemy to put into motion a devastating plan for revenge.

Warning: This book contains a hot doctor and a hotter vampire messing up sterile surfaces. The usual rogue shenanigans, but this time covering deeper motives. Hang on to your stethoscopes at what's revealed!

Review:

I originally had this review down on December 31st, but it turns out I haven't clicked the scheduled button before it went holiday crazy. As I participated for the blog tour of Passion Bites before, the excerpt got me intrigued and I couldn't request fast enough for a review copy because of my love of vampires, witty protagonists, explosive romances.

All right? What did he mean by that? All right, take my blond masculine head and bury it in your comforting bosom? All right, let's find someplace private? All right, spread your thighs and let me show you how wicked an angel can be? "All right, what?"

Selfless. Witty. Caring. Intelligent. Those are the first four words I thought when Alexis, the main protagonist, comes to mind. Selfless as she was willing to do everything to save and protect everyone she loves even though it might risk her life in the process. Witty as it was entertaining to read how her mind works and make you laugh with her internal reactions. Cares as she supports and treasures her best friend and the people she loves, despite circumstances that hurt her in the past. Intelligent as she knows and figures out some things quickly, which is more than I gave her credit for.

Luke might look like an angel, but his kiss was hotter than sin.

Is it just me or most of the guys in this book looks hot? Anyway, let's talk about Luke! For me, Luke is a bit complex. I know he has past issues, but don't you think it's time to move on? Is it really necessary that you, uhm, have to suffer for a hundred years or more? It was tiring to read some parts because no-i-can't-be-happy because of this and that. I remember the Night Scholar from Scholar Who Walks the Night regarding Luke's actions. Sorry, but I'll choose the Night Scholar rather than Luke; he did it more gracefully than Luke did at the ending.

Luck's not a lady, she's a middle finger.

Passion Bites is a fast, funny and good read, but I wouldn't call it as one of my favorites because I was irritated at some point. I like the high-tech gadgets though; I actually want one. If you wish to know which parts I got irritated, read the spoilers below at your own risk.

Warning: SPOILERS! First, if you have read the first part of the summary, that's on page 10-15. Then, on page 16, they kissed. They freaking kissed! Huh, talk about fast. Second, I discussed Lizelle's, Alexis's best friend, situation this with my mom because I know this happens in real life and I understand, but I may have ranted at some point because it just infuriates me, but this is what I'm just going to say: She has been your best friend since first grade and she just wants to protect you from your abusive husband. Don't be such an ungrateful bitch. Lastly, the ending sucks. Alexis did gracefully on the ending, but it wasn't fair to her. This is why I prefer the Night Scholar even though they have a lot of similarities with Luke.

Rating: